Athens is the historical capital of Europe, with a long history, dating from the first settlement in the Neolithic age. In the 5th Century BC (the “Golden Age of Pericles”) – the culmination of Athens’ long, fascinating history – the city’s values and civilization acquired a universal significance. In 1834, it became the capital of the modern Greek state and in two centuries since it has become an attractive modern metropolis with unrivaled charm.
A large part of the town’s historical center has been converted into a 3-kilometer pedestrian zone (the largest in Europe), leading to the major archaeological sites , reconstructing – to a large degree – the ancient landscape.
Four Days Athens City Break
Inspirational Athens in Greece has been a bright light on the short break scene for many years – find out why on a weekend break with us.
The main square – the Plaka – is the heart of this beautiful and contrasting city, and close by the Acropolis, the Parthenon, Byzantine churches and fine archaeological museum sit proudly alongside modern developments which have brought Athens well and truly into the 21st century. Fully deserving of its title ‘the cradle of western civilization, Athens is a surprisingly easy city to get around.
A package which includes hotel accommodationin Athens, airport transfers and a tour to the breathtaking Acropolis with the famous Acropolis Museum.This package gives you the opportunity to arranged everything before your arrival to Athens saving time and money!
DAY 1: On arrival you will be met by our assistant and transferred to your hotel by our taxi driver. Rest of the day at leisure.
DAY 2: Morning sightseeing tour of Athens’ most famous sights including a visit to the spectacular Acropolis and the new Acropolis museum. Afternoon at leisure.
DAY 3: Free day in Athens for shopping, strolling through the city discovering its hidden charms or choosing from our optional full day tours with the discounted rate of 75 € per person with lunch included. This special rate is valid for our tour to Delphi or the one day cruise (both tours include lunch). Overnight in Athens
DAY 4: You will be met by our assistant at your hotel and transferred to the airport by our taxi driver for your departure flight.
Furthermore, Athens is still so much more than all these ancient treasures. If you pick the right time of year for your Athens short break or weekend break, you can take a tram or taxi to the beach and enjoy the full benefit of mild early spring or late autumn weather to help you really relax at the end of a hectic week.
If shopping is your idea of a weekend break ,make sure not to miss Kolonaki area or Ermou Str. and find time to visit the Monastiraki Flea market or Evripidou Str. spice market.
Unforgettable evenings on an Athens short break are yours to enjoy in the areas around the Plaka, but be sure to also check out the fashionable Gazi or Kolonaki districts for a more cosmopolitan experience.
- Guided tour of the Acropolis
- Visit the famous new Acropolis museum
- See the highlights of Athens
- Pamper yourself with private airport transfers
- Arranged everything before your arrival to Athens
- Save time and money
- 3 nights hotel accommodation B/B in Athens based on your choice
- Athens sightseeing tour & Acropolis museum
- Meals: 3 breakfasts
- Entrance fees during guided sightseeing
- All transfers as per itinerary
- All taxes
- Drinks and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- For your accommodation in Athens, you can choose from the below hotel list: 3* Hotels: Dorian Inn, Golden City or Candia – 4* Hotels: President, Titania or Alexandros – 5* Hotels: Royal Olympic, Divani Palace Acropolis or Intercontinental. All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveler the single supplement option has to be chosen. The itinerary can be changed according to your arrival date.