Rhodes hosted in the ancient world one of Seven Wonders of the World, “The Colossus of Rhodes”. These days the Colossus cannot be seeing but still Rhodes is an island full of wonders. An island full of activities, we offer a selection of Rhodes private tours as well as Rhodes shore excursions, including Rhodes medieval Town walking tours , day cruises to magical islands like Symi or Kos the island of Hippocrates , trips to Lindos, and day cruises.
Rhodes lies between Crete and the near East in the Aegean ocean. Rhodes is the biggest of the Dodecanese islands. Named the sun island or island of light there are hardly any days when the sun doesn’t shine. With its subtropical climate and over 3.000 hours of sun per year you can be guaranteed a good tan on your holiday. Rhodes is one of the most popular holiday islands in Greece – even Greeks themselves come to Rhodes for a holiday from the mainland.
Rhodes Shore Excursion: Half Day City Tour
Start with a Panoramic drive through the New Town, past Mandraki Port, the Post Office, Town Hall, Evangelismos Church and continue to the Monte Smith Hill which offers a magnificent view of the Aegean and the City
The drive continues past the ancient Rhodes Acropolis dedicated to Zeus Polieus, Athena Polias and Pythian Apollo. Four columns of this Acropolis have been reconstructed. The final drive-by is past the 2nd century ancient Stadium and Theater, of which both have been restored.
From there the excursion continues to the D’ Amboise Gate where the guests disembark and on foot enter the Medieval City to visit the Grand Master’s Palace, the most imposing building of medieval Rhodes. It was originally built in the 14th Century, but demolished by an explosion in 1856. It was restored in 1939, during the Italian occupation. The excursion continues down ‘The Street of the Knights,’ which, in spite of the restoration of its buildings, has remained untouched by the passage of 500 years, since it was originally built in the 14th century. The Gothic order predominate the entire street. The Inns of the various ‘Tongues’ stand in a row, with impressive arched doorways, their emblems carved above them. The final visit is to the Archaeological Museum, which is housed in the restored building of the 15th century Hospital of the Knights.
- Walk in the Medieval City of Rhodes
- Admire the breathtaking view from Monte Smith Hill
- Visit the archaeological museum and the Palace of the Knights
- See the Acropolis of Rhodes
- Enjoy the services of a very experienced professional guide
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transportation by a luxury taxi or mini bus
- Entrance fees of the archaeological museum
- Entrance fees of the Palace of the Knights
- All taxes
- Lunch and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- For Sunday and Public Holidays a supplement of 150 € will apply. For more info, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org You can choose to start the tour at 09.00 am or at 13.30 pm.