Athens is the historical capital of Europe, with a long history, dating from the first settlement in the Neolithic age. In the 5th Century BC (the “Golden Age of Pericles”) – the culmination of Athens’ long, fascinating history – the city’s values and civilization acquired a universal significance. In 1834, it became the capital of the modern Greek state and in two centuries since it has become an attractive modern metropolis with unrivaled charm.
A large part of the town’s historical center has been converted into a 3-kilometer pedestrian zone (the largest in Europe), leading to the major archaeological sites , reconstructing – to a large degree – the ancient landscape.
Sunset Private Tour: Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
Cape Sounion is one of the most famous archaeological sites close to Athens, so don’t miss the opportunity to visit it during your stay in Athens especially in order to enjoy its breathtaking sunset…
During the wonderful drive along the Athens Rivera till you reach the famous Temple of Poseidon, you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic coblex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
Upon your arrival to the Cape Sounio, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea. Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was hugely important to the Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that.
After visiting the famous Temple, you will have the chance to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine, capture the perfect picture and enjoy a sparkling glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
- Breathtaking sunset views
- Guided visit of the Temple of Poseidon
- Panoramic views of the Aegean sea & its islands
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
- A relaxing ride with splendid views
- Transportation by luxury vehicle
- English speaking professional guide
- Entrance fees
- One glass of sparkling wine
- Athens hotel pick up/drop-off service
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation is by Deluxe Mercedes Taxi for 1 to 3 pax, and Deluxe Mini Bus for 4 to 14 pax. You may choose a guide speaking: English or Italian or French. For other languages as well as for bookings on Sunday extra fees will apply. The departure time of the tour depends from the sunset time.