Rhodes hosted in the ancient world one of Seven Wonders of the World, “The Colossus of Rhodes”. These days the Colossus cannot be seeing but still Rhodes is an island full of wonders. An island full of activities, we offer a selection of Rhodes private tours as well as Rhodes shore excursions, including Rhodes medieval Town walking tours , day cruises to magical islands like Symi or Kos the island of Hippocrates , trips to Lindos, and day cruises.
Rhodes lies between Crete and the near East in the Aegean ocean. Rhodes is the biggest of the Dodecanese islands. Named the sun island or island of light there are hardly any days when the sun doesn’t shine. With its subtropical climate and over 3.000 hours of sun per year you can be guaranteed a good tan on your holiday. Rhodes is one of the most popular holiday islands in Greece – even Greeks themselves come to Rhodes for a holiday from the mainland.
Butterflies Valley & Chalki Full Day Tour from Rhodes
In just one day tour discover the beauty of the Butterflies Valley and Chalki Island with a combination of bus tour and and boat trip.
First stop at the Valley of the Butterflies for a visit where you can explore the lush scenic valley and the little river running through it. The Valley is a unique natural park, where each year, from June to September, thousands of multi colored butterflies appear. They live here, attached to the tree trunks, living from the sap, then lay their eggs and multiply. The characteristic scent of the pine resin, which attracts the butterflies, the coolness from the abundantly flowing waters, makes this a little paradise even in the hot days of midsummer.
After leaving the valley, second stop at Kamiros Skala Harbour where you will embark on the boat to the idyllic island of Chalki. There is no mass tourism and much of the traditional way of life of an island fishing village continues. Here you will have time to relax and enjoy the quiet of island of Chalki.
- Admire the beauty of the Butterflies Valley
- Discover the small Island of Chalki
- Cruise in the Aegean Sea
- Experienced escort for all day
- Luxury air conditioned bus
- Roundtrip boat tickets to Chalki
- All taxes
- Lunch and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees (Butterfly Valley 3€ pp low season / 5€ pp high season)
- This tour is available every Wednesday. Pick up service is included from the following areas: Tholos, Trianta, Ixia, Rhodes town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Kolymbia, Lindos, Lardos and Kiotari. For the specific tour, child rate is valid for children from 2 years old until 12 years old. The bookings are accepted if they are made at least one day prior of the tour (until 16:00).