Shaped like Poseidon’s trident and sticking out into the Aegean Sea, Halkidiki is a treat for visitors. Chalkidiki or Halkidiki, is a peninsula and regional unit of Greece, part of the Region of Central Macedonia in Northern Greece. The region is formed of three peninsulas or ‘feet’, each with its own unique charm, history and magic. There is Kassandra, or Pallini, scene of the Battle of the Giants in ancient mythology; Sithonia, a magical place of green forest and blue sea; and Mt. Athos, the world’s only monastic state, home to twenty historic monasteries.
This is a place where all your senses will come to life, whether on the endless expanses of sand of the fashionable, cosmopolitan beaches, or in the intimacy of the many secluded bays and coves. Endless coves, unique architectural sites, perfectly preserved Christian monument and a host of unexplored treasures all add their own rich touch to the unique canvas that is Halkidiki.
Day Trip to Meteora Monasteries from Chalkidiki
Departure early in the morning for Kalambaka. Arrival at Kalambaka city and visit the famous Meteora, geological formations unique in their kind, on which the Monasteries are perched;
They were built in the 14th century and they are rich in precious testimonies of Byzantine art. Meteora is a geological miracle, which one must see for himself in order to believe. Nowadays, only six monasteries are well preserved and four of them are still inhabited. Metéora is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
We shall visit 2 of these fabulous monasteries, built high upon the steep rocks. Each monastery owns a vast richness of frescoes and icons. Afterwards, we will make our lunch break, in Kalambaka. Our last stop will be in the Valley of Tempi, and then we return back to Chalkidiki.
- Discover the astonishing Meteora
- Visit the monasteries of Meteora
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the Valley of Tempi
- Transport by luxury bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- All taxes
- Entrance fees (3 Euro per person / per monastery)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal Expenses
- There is pick up service from central located points of Kassandra and Sithonia. There is not pick up service from Ouranoupolis. Please advise your hotel and we will inform you accordingly. For entering the monasteries of Meteora, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies must not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts. Tour can also be arranged in Italian language upon request and availability.