The Prefecture of Rethymno is the heart of the island of Crete and one of the most beautiful places in Greece. It is built between the modern day capital of the island, Heraklion, and the ancient capital of Chania.
Rethymnon is the third largest city of the island and is a fascinating combination of old and new: In the old quarter, evidence of Rethymnon’s Venetian and Ottoman past is all around one. The visitor may spend many happy hours meandering through the narrow maze of streets that seem a world apart from the hustle and bustle of modern-day life. On the other hand, the new town provides resident and visitor alike with all the amenities and facilities one could wish for in the 21st century.
Rethymno and its villages are live postcards, which are pervaded by the aroma of Cretan cuisine and the sound of the Cretan lyre.
The great number of visitors who return repeatedly confirms the words of the poet: ”Rethymno is not a place where you go to, but a place where you return.”
One Day Trip to Santorini Island from Rethymno
Only a stone’s throw away from Crete, the Greek island of Santorini the volcanic half – Moon Island, is and always has been a popular tourist place steeped in history with a very cosmopolitan feel that will amaze all on its volcanic background.
The world wide known island of Santorini is the most southern island of the Cycladic group in the Aegean Sea, and is located 63 nautical miles north of Crete. The island has been widely known for its unique breath-taking view, beauty and colors: Black sand, white washed houses, red cliffs and the deep blue Aegean Sea. Santorini is considered to be the lost Atlantis…
The present-day crescent shape of the island is a consequence of a volcano activity during prehistoric times. Santorini itself owes its very existence to the volcano eruption.
Taking the speed boat across and joining the professional guide who will let you in on all of the history is a firm favorite amongst holiday makers. Whilst on the island take a quick cable-car ride or a slow donkey ride to the top for sightseeing or souvenir shopping. A day cruise full of memories.
Enjoy the fabulous and breathtaking views with this full day trip from Rethymnon to Santorini!
- Visit one of the most famous island of Greece
- Admire the famous volcano
- Wonder around the town of Fira
- Enjoy fabulous & breathtaking views
- Enjoy a wonderful one day cruise
- Round-trip boat tickets
- Land excursion on Santorini
- Expert escort on Santorini
- Port transfers
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- The tour can be arranged also in other languages upon request and availability. Complimentary pick up service is provided from hotels located in the suburbs of Rethymno city but not from Rethymno city center. Please advise your hotel. The bookings are accepted if they are made at least one day prior of the tour (until 16:00). Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information while booking: Passengers’ Surname and Name, Gender: Male/ Female, Age: Adult/Child /Infant. According to EU Directive 98/41, the shipping company has the obligation to keep a passengers’ name list of every voyage, for safety reasons.