Santorini is most probable the island with the most breathtaking views in the world. An island full or images and attractions, we offer a selection of Santorini day tours and shore excursions, including Fira Town , wine tasting experience tours, trips to Caldera (volcano), walking tours, day cruises with BBQ, and sunset tours or cruises . Santorini is an island located in the southern Aegean Sea, about 200 km (120 mi) southeast of Greece’s mainland. It is the largest island of a small, circular archipelago which bears the same name and forms the southernmost member of the Cyclades group of islands.
Santorini is essentially what remains after an enormous volcanic explosion that destroyed the earliest settlements, on a formerly single island, and created the current geological caldera. Another popular theory holds that the Thera eruption is the source of the legend of Atlantis.
Discover the Southern Part of Santorini & Visit the Akrotiri Excavation
This bus tour takes us to the Southern part of the island where you will visit the hidden gems of the area.
The first stop of the tour is the 16th century Monastery of Prophet Elias which was built on the highest point of the Island 550 meters above sea level. From there you will have a panoramic view of the whole island and it is breathtaking!!!
After the Monastery you continue to Megalochori which is one of the most traditional villages on the Island. Our escort will take you through the narrow streets where you will have the opportunity to admire the traditional architecture and the unique craftsmanship of the local Masons.
Leaving Megalochori you will head towards the beautiful beach of Perivolos which is located at the south part of Santorini. Perivolos is an organized beach with black sand, here you will stay for approximately 2 hours and have free time to go for a swim, eat in a local taverna or just relax and explore the area. The tour continues from Perivolos to a local winery where you will get to taste different local wines of the island.
Akrotiri is the last stop on our tour and what better way to end the day. Upon arriving a guide will be waiting for you to take you inside the archeological site to give you information and you will experience the Minoan site of the ancient world. The tour ends at the same place where you where picked up.
- Discover the Souther part Santorini
- Admire the Monastery of Prophet Elias & enjoy breathtaking views
- Visit Megalochori traditional village
- Enjoy a refreshing swim at Perivolos beach
- Taste local wines
- Visit the Akrotiri excavation
- Licensed guide
- Transportation by a deluxe bus or mini bus
- Wine tasting entrance fee
- Akrotiri entrance fee (12.00 Euro p/p)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- This tour is available in English and German. Departure times: Kamari 10:45, Fira 11:00, Perissa 10:45, Oia 10:15, Imerovigli 10:30, Firostefani 10:35. Approximately at 17.30 the tour ends in Fira and there will be a bus for the clients to Firostefani. Please note that you cannot visit the Monastery inside. Child price is valid for children 02-12 years old.