Nafplio is a small town in Peloponnese, a lovely romantic city with cozy streets, small neoclassical houses, squares, churches and great history. Nafplio was the second capital of newly formed Greece until the capital eventually became Athens. It is a historical city due to its meaning to the Greek Revolution.
Nowadays, when taking a walk in the picturesque alleys of the Old Town, visitors are drawn by the venetian balconies and the wonderful neoclassical buildings and mansions, images that bring feelings of sweet nostalgia. Relax at the numerous cafés on the port whilst viewing the sea, and visit Palamidi fortress for a scenic view of the Argolic gulf.
Nafplio Half-Day Food Tour
Begin this amazing food experience with a tour in the picturesque alleys of Nafplio with its neoclassical mansions and Venetian balconies.
The first stop is at a traditional grocery store where we taste local varieties of cheese and sausage and we learn their little manufacturing secrets by its owner. Continue to the Syntagma Square, the heart of the city, where we will have the opportunity to taste traditional Greek coffee and we learn more about this historic square and the surrounding buildings. Next stop is the neighborhood of ‘Yialos’ where we taste local varieties of wines as well as ouzo and tsipouro listening from the owner of a traditional cellar-wine shop all the secrets about the art of wine. Our culinary excursion ends in an ice cream shop where we taste Greek ice cream tastes.
Having our ice cream at hand we walk to the old port of Nafplio in order to admire the Venetian fortress of Bourtzi and to learn more about its historic existence over the centuries.
- Learn the heritage of Greek cuisine
- Visit various specialty food shops in Nafplio
- Taste savory Greek delicacies
- Taste a variety of wines and other local liquors
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Perfect family tour
- Entrance fees
- All tastings
- English-speaking tour leader
- Pick up drop off from your hotel in Nafplio
- Semi-independent tour Liability insurance
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- The tour is running all year round upon request at least two days before the activity. Price is per person, based on minimum group of 2 participants.