Nafplio is a small town in Peloponnese, a lovely romantic city with cozy streets, small neoclassical houses, squares, churches and great history. Nafplio was the second capital of newly formed Greece until the capital eventually became Athens. It is a historical city due to its meaning to the Greek Revolution.
Nowadays, when taking a walk in the picturesque alleys of the Old Town, visitors are drawn by the venetian balconies and the wonderful neoclassical buildings and mansions, images that bring feelings of sweet nostalgia. Relax at the numerous cafés on the port whilst viewing the sea, and visit Palamidi fortress for a scenic view of the Argolic gulf.
Wine Half-day Tour at Nemea from Nafplio
Don’t miss the opportunity to taste world famous Greek wines through this amazing half day tour!
Our first stop is the Archaeological site of Nemea where we admire the sanctuary that was set up for Zeus, the father of Heracles, and The Stadium of Nemea.
Afterwards, we visit a small organic vineyards production unit, we hike through the self-owned vineyards and after a small organic cultivation briefing we taste its products, petimezi, tahini with petimezi and several varieties of vvinegara
Then, we visit a famous and award winning winery of the region. We meet its producer and we are briefed about the production conditions and the harvest procedures. The owner reveals the secrets of wine and offers to us local wine varieties, like Moschofilero, Roditis (white variety) and Agiorgitiko (red variety) accompanied by the most appropriate dishes.
Finally we take the road back for our departure point.
- Walk on the footsteps of Hercules
- Visit the archaeological site of Nemea
- Enjoy an introduction to wine making
- Learn about the famous wine making region of Nemea
- Sample fine wines with fellow foodies
- Led by a local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- All tastings
- Pick up drop off from your hotel in Nafplio
- Semi-independent tour
- English-speaking escort
- All road transports
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
- The tour is running all year round upon request at least two days before the activity. Please contact us for further information about pick up point and time. Child price for this tour is available for children till 17 years old without wine consumption because according the Greek authorities children under 18 years old is prohibited to drink alcohol.